Friday, November 11, 2011

Another one today!

     Two posts in one day?!  WHAT?!  You see the earlier post was technically yesterdays.....I feel asleep again.  That is definitely a sign that I'm getting old.  You don't have to agree with that!  Today, my workout was pushed back a little due to a little "accident" in my workout area.  Yes, I have a designated area.  But after some "dry time", Tony and I did Legs & Back.  Along with Ab Ripper.  I'm still waiting for my abs to be ripped.  I know they are under there but ...  I think that has more to do with "diet" than working out for me.  Also, had a nice 3 mile walk.  Which reminds me....I need to log those. 

     Today my mind is on other things.  I'm a woman with a goal.  And if there is one thing that I know it's that you can't stop a woman driving to her goal.  With the right mindset anything is possible!  So because of that goal, I'm trying to put together a "loose" race schedule for 2012.  The problem is living in the "middle of nowhere" Ohio!  Everything requires travel.  Along with a night or two stay in a hotel.  So, I have to be selective.  With registration fees, I don't want to start racking up a ton of additional costs.  And everything in this state seems to be around the same times....Spring & Fall.  
5ks are very sporadic around here any more.  10Ks are even farther and few between.  I know you don't have to race but I like it.  It's comforting knowing that there are other "crazy" people out there.


     My ultimate goal for 2012 is to do the Wineglass Marathon in 4:20 to 4:30.  Yes, I know that is ambitious.  But a goal is a goal.  And I believe with hard work you can do anything.  I feel my first Wineglass was left "open".  Even though I missed my goal then .... what can it hurt to try and improve?  If you live in this area, get ready to see me out there putting one foot in front of the other. 

     Well as I contemplate 2012 ..... I think about tomorrow and my 4:30 am wake-up call.  Going shopping with the ladies.  In order to meet the 8:30 departure time, I need the extra 45 minutes to get in my normal workout.  Why not start now at being out of my comfort zone????




Day 2 1/2 ..... I am thankful for all of the veterans and current service men/women who have given there all to this country!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment