Sunday, November 20, 2011

Some homemade things we like.......

Brown Sugar

1 tbsp. Blackstrap Molasses + 1 cup Sugar


Makes


 Homemade Brown Sugar!  How easy! 


Chewy Granola Bars

These items plus FLOUR!  I forgot to put it in the picture.....

Makes

Yummy!  Not the healthiest....Hadley was in charge of add-ins!


Chewy Granola Bars

Bake at 350 

3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 cup flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups oats
1 1/4 cups cornflakes/cheerios'

Cream butter and sugars, add honey, vanilla, and egg.  Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.  Add remaining ingredients.  At this time you can add basically what ever you may want....chocolate chips, coconut, dried fruit, peanut butter, nuts, preserves, basically to your taste....from a handful to a cup.  Press into a greased 9x13pan. 
MAKE SURE IT IS GREASED!  Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. 

The picture shown is doubled.  This is a very versatile recipe.  Above is how it is written but not how I make them.  I use less of both sugars, omit the honey, omit the cinnamon unless using raisins, use wheat flour, fresh eggs, just a dash of salt, and all oats.  I have used various types of cereals and it always turns out.  Basically, I try to make it healthier Next week, I'll share my "Hard" Granola Bar recipe!


Day 7 -  I'm thankful for my daughter, Hadley. 

No comments:

Post a Comment