Thursday, November 17, 2011

Little of this, little of that......

Well, I went and did it!  I finally ordered Runners' World magazine.  I've been wanting it for some time now but my husband has a complete aversion to magazines.  HE HATES THEM!  He looks at them as money wasted.  So even though I enjoy reading a magazine here and there .... I've not had any for years!  You know the give and take of marriage.  He puts up with a lot of my crap so I can deal with no magazines.  Well at least I did...........

Yesterday, I accidentally did Yoga with Tony.  Normally that is a Thursday date but I grabbed the wrong DVD.  I know it would have taken just seconds to change it but I didn't.  Today, I can honestly say I enjoyed doing a whole lot of nothing.  Yes, I said NOTHING!  I haven't slept good the past few nights...that is a story for another day.  I planned to pick up Chest & Arms today but I ordered a few Christmas gifts early this morning.  And then, believe it or not, I spent the day with my husband.  He has today and tomorrow off.  We went and dropped some things off, had lunch, and did a little shopping.  I enjoyed a hot chocolate from McD's .... trust me, I'm well aware it is far from natural, organic, or real.  Then I watched as John ate a Reeses' Peanut Butter Cup "blizzard" from Brusters' Ice Cream.  And it didn't bother me at all!  VICTORY! 

Tomorrow I will pick up Chest & Arms along with Legs & Back.  What can I say...sometimes two dates in one day with Tony works for me.  Of course, I may feel like dying late Friday.  OH WELL! 

As the holidays approach I am usually called upon to donate items for my kids class parties/feasts.  Tomorrow is the 2nd grade classes Thanksgiving feast.  Hadleys' isn't until next week so I get a little break.  I really need to quite volunteering for things!  Follow me through my exciting evening.......

Take 1...........


Trusty air popper ..... dont' judge!  I didn't clean before taking the picture! 


Add



5 3/4 pounds of popping corn



You get




You get 100 brown paper lunch bags filled with 3 cups of popcorn!
I didn't think about the pictures until I had bagged them.....



and you also get




One very tired Mommy!  Help anyone? 
Give me some credit ... have you ever taken a closeup with no makeup and posted it? 


This was made all worth it when one nice young man, who just happens to be in the 2nd grade, come up to me and says "Thanks Mom for the popcorn.  All of the 2nd graders will really like it tomorrow after our feast." and then plants a big ole' kiss on my cheek and gives me a big squezzy hug!  


Day 6 ..... I'm thankful for Aunt Linda, aka Nena.  She has been there for me my entire life.  I love her more than she will ever know.  I plan to spend more time with her in the coming year.


 









No comments:

Post a Comment