Sunday, November 20, 2011

Somedays ... nothing!

Yep, that is right!  Somedays just nothing really exciting happens.  Friday evening the kiddos had wrestling practice.  Trust me!  I plan to share photos but the lighting in there sucks stinks and I can't get any that really show up.  But I'm trying!  For those that don't know my 8 year old son and my 6 year old daughter are wrestling for United Youth Wrestling.  I'll refer to them as Muscles and Killer when talking about wrestling until the end of the season.    

Muscles likes it because, as of right now, he can muscle his way trough a match.  He has his set partner at practice.  I feel sorry for the partner but they have a good time.  You can be the same basic size and weight but be on different ends of the spectrum.  Muscles is solid!  Muscles is HEAVY!  He is like a lead weight.  I've said if one thing comes out of this season, his partner will be stronger.  And covered with bruises!  I know there will come a time when Muscles goes against someone with skills that will kick his butt .... I can't wait for it to happen.  Muscles doesn't like to loose.  I don't know where he gets that from.  That will make him take it seriously and do more of the moves that he has been shown.      

Now onto Killer!  Well, Killer is having fun.  There have been a few tears shed at practices but not for the reasons you may think.  She loves it.  She gets up every morning asking about practice and wanting to do her workouts.  She does her exercises and moves with improvement each time.  Gets high fives from the coaches because she does can do killer Buddy pull-ups and can bust out some 6-inches .... can you say "Thanks Mommy!".  BUT she has a problem.  She is paired with two little fellas .... aka Good Boy and Bad Boy.  Killer and Good Boy do well with each other.  They both are slowly improving.  We've noticed Bad Boy has a problem with Killer.  Mainly that she is a she.  GET OVER IT BOY!  For about 5 practices, every time she has to work with him tears are shed and nothing is accomplished.  I don't know why she doesn't like this boy, nor his Dad, but trust me SHE DOESN'T!  On Wednesday, of this week, Bad Boy shoved her.  Yes, I witnessed it along with Good Boy and Bad Boys parents.  He physically put his hands on her shoulders, shoved her out of the ring, and said "No! Get out of here!"  Of course, I was the only one that said anything and maybe it wasn't the right thing to say.  She started to tear-up came over and I looked at her and said "Get back out there.  That boy does it again throw his butt on the ground and say I'm not going anywhere!" 

Well, at Fridays practice, we had more of the same for the first half.  Then I did something that surprised some people.  I swiped my daughter off that mat without breaking stride, carried her out of there like a sack of potatoes on my hip, and had a talk with her in the entryway.  Don't know what part of it worked but something did!  We went back in with me collecting many stares.  I promise there was no yelling what so ever.  She was face to face with Bad Boy in her wrestling stance.  The whistle was blown, she pounced across that square, and wrangled Bad Boy to the ground.  Have you ever seen the look of shock on a 6 year olds face?  Well, let me tell you Bad Boy had it and so did his Dad!  And it happened over and over again.  Yes, she got poked and stuck a few times.  It hurt and we had to tell her that he isn't doing it on purpose...not sure about that!  BUT WE FINALLY HAD A BREAKTHROUGH!

Payne, Grandma, and I went to Grove City outlets on Saturday.  I was so ready to hit the Nike store for my running pants.  I really want the Nike Women Pro Combat Hyperwarm Just. Do. It. pants in Solar Red.  It is more of a melon color when you see it in person.  NO LUCK!  They don't carry them.  So, I will be headed off to Dicks' Sporting Goods to purchase a pair.  I've had a rough couple of days and I'm looking to rebound today.  Stealing a line from MomSwimBikeRuns' blog ... yesterday, I was in a food coma.  My husband laughed when I said it last night.  And I laughed when I read her blog this morning!  After a day of shopping, who really wants to cook dinner?  NOT ME!  And apparently my husband was not in the mood.  We hit Bob Evans with Grandma & Pap.  I went way back, way back when ordering.  I used to order their Country Fried Steak on a regular basis.  And the picture looked AWESOME!  When the words came out of my mouth, the look from my husband and Momma were priceless. 

Unfortunately, when that plate came and it was placed in front of me.....  While eating I could feel the life and energy being pulled out of me.  UGH!  I felt horrible.  I didn't eat it all and will not be eating it again.  How could I have done that to myself?  How could I have ordered that all the time?  I felt BLAH and I remember feeling that way a lot in the past .... it sucks!  We hit the store and then my husband wanted ice cream from Brusters.  Ice cream after what I ate?  Are you kidding me?  But, I looked at him and said "I'm going to do it.  I'm going to dive in and have an evening like I always used too.  I'll take a Reeses Peanut Butter cup blizzard."  He looked shocked and amazed, "Small?"  To which I replied, "Yes, I already feel sick."  I fell asleep in the car on the way home.  I felt HORRIBLE!  How did I live my life like that?  Really?  What was I thinking?  What a great reminder of how far I've come and that I never plan to go back.  I never want to experience that feeling again.  I've come a long ways and don't plan to revisit the past anytime soon!           

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! Food comas aren't all bad!! LOL --Susan

    ReplyDelete