Monday, November 14, 2011

TWO YEARS!! WHAT??

My date with Tony was GREAT today!  My goal for this round of P90X is BRING IT!  I have been pushing, pulling, jumping, and lifting harder than in any other round.  Today was Chest & Back.  Push, pull, push, pull, push, pull ......  I was whipped after today's workout!  FELT GREAT!  I've been doing this round for three weeks now and, honestly, I can tell a difference.  Now it may just be that I haven't seriously followed the routine for a little while.  NO, it will make me feel better to think that I can actually see a difference. 

Headed off on a shopping trip with my Momma today.  SECOND SOLE in Boardman!  I'M IN LOVE!  She decided to get a new pair of running shoes.  And wanted them to be the right ones for her.  When we arrived the clerk inspected her old ones and asked how long she had worn them.  After some serious thought she came to the conclusion of almost 2 years.  WHO WEARS RUNNING SHOES FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS!  REALLY!  OMG!  I gasped!  I replace mine about every 6 months.  The clerk told me that most people replace theirs roughly every 6 months BUT there are some that can extend the life of their shoes.  Nice try!  My Momma is just CHEAP!  After several other questions and watching her gate he brought out some shoes.  She settled on a pair of New Balance.  Not a brand she normally wears.  She said they felt great and worked wonderfully with her orthotics.   


Only window shopping for me.  I need new shoes BUT I placed them on my Christmas list and also asked for a Second Sole gift card.  I will be a good girl and wait to see what Santa brings.  PLEASE TELL HIM I'VE BEEN A NICE GIRL!  MY KNEES REALLY NEED TO SEE A NEW PAIR OF SHOES!  They didn't have the BRIGHT MELON ORANGE Nike running pants that I want.  Was just going to compare prices.  I figure with those pants there will be no need for my reflective vest!  Trust me, I only wear it when necessary.  Can you say "Dork"? 

 

Had a nice lunch, walked around the mall a little, then headed home.  Put the shoes on for 5 miles.  My feet were screaming.....not really!  Just bummed that I waited on the shoes.  Finished in 55:32.  I'm happy with that.  Doing a little switching up of the schedule this week.  I need to start running on T, Th, Sat, & Sun.  With the kids wrestling practice on M, W, & F ... it is a little hard sometimes to fit in. 


Day 4 -  I'm thankful for my Father.  He drives me completely crazy and irritates the crap out of me BUT I love him.  I know we get along so smashingly well because we are alike in SSSOOO many ways.  He doesn't like to admit that.  I thank him for always being there.  ALWAYS!  He drove home from a fishing trip in Kentucky on a Friday afternoon to see me off to my Junior Prom.  Jumped back in his truck right afterwards.  He never missed a track meet or softball game.  EVER!  He headed out on the marathon path to find me ... I know there may have been many reasons for this but I also know I saw worry in his eye.  He is ALWAYS there for my children.  The gift that he has given them, for which they are unaware, is beyond compare.  I need to tell him more often that I love him.       

No comments:

Post a Comment