Sunday, November 6, 2011

Motivation? Inspiration? Honesty......

Everyone talks about MOTIVATION.  Why do some have more than others?  Why do some seem to flourish and others flounder?  Answer is ..... I DON'T KNOW!  My heart tells me that each and every one of us has the ability to reach our dreams!  Rise above the challenges and overcome!  To achieve anthying our hearts desire! 

We all get motivation from different things.  Almost six years ago this picture appearred on my computer.........


CHRISTMAS EVE 2005


Now you see, I've always prided myself that exercise had always been in my life.  Honestly, it was clear from the picture, I needed more.  I can't express my emotions when I viewed this picture for the first time.  I cried.  I cried a long, hard, deep cry.  I vowed and said outloud "Oh hell no!  This stops here and now!"  That night, that exact night, I joined Weight Watchers.  I remember that weigh in .... 256.3 pounds.  I gained inpsiration from my Momma.  She had/has been a Lifetime member for years.  She was able to get honest with herself and find motivation.  And over the years, the tide has shifted for she finds inspiration in me. 

Over time pounds melted away.  But only after I got honest with myself and dealt with why "I ate what I ate."  I left Weight Watchers to go it on my own.  I've dealt/deal with pain issues daily.  Arthritis (L & R knee, R ankle, R shoulder), tendonitis (R knee & R shoulder), bursistis (R shoulder), nerve damage and sensitivty to sound from Bells Palsy.  Then the diagnosis of Fibromyalgia entered my life.  WOW, NEVER ACTUALLY SAID IT BEFORE TO ANYONE.  I laughed!  Just as I laugh now.  I think it is a "crappy catch all" diagnosis and an easy way of saying "I don't know."  Then came the medications along with a list of can't, won't, don't, shouldn't, wouldn't, and never wills.  Laughter!  I don't take medications for anything.  The prescriptions never even came home that day.  I do everything the hard way.  Always have, always will! 

I read EVERYTHING!  I started to examine each and everything that passed my lips.  Not because it would end up on my hips but because everything we take in affects our bodies and how they work.  Honestly, I changed everything.  I MEAN EVERYTHING!  Yoga, relaxation techniques, stretching, meditatoin all found their way into my life.  I now find inspiration in myself.  Every day I do the can't, won't, don't, shouldn't, wouldn't, and never wills.  Honestly, I've revealed a little more about myself than I normally share.  I do hold A LOT of secrets information to myself.  But if one bit of it can help someone else ...... it makes sharing worthwhile. 

Here is me now.  Doing a can't, won't, don't, shouldn't, wouldn't, and never will................

  October 2, 2011 ..... 183 lbs.

I owe a big THANK YOU to my Sister-in-law Patty.  She is responsible for the "before" picture....which has hung on my refrigerator for almost 4 years now.  And honestly without it I don't know that I would have found the motivation to get honest with myself and inspire others.  THANK YOU!  


WHAT MOTIVATES YOU? 

WHAT INSPIRES YOU? 

AND HAVE YOU GOTTEN HONEST WITH YOURSELF? 



I plan to continue on this path of LOVING, LAUGHING, SWEATING, AND FUELING! 




2 comments:

  1. You're doing great with the blog Jennifer. Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm motivated by MYSELF but I'm inspired by many others including you! Keep up the blogging! Loving it! -- Susan

    ReplyDelete