Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving and Black Friday.......all wrapped in one!

Two days for the price of one!  Thanksgiving....I attempted a day in pictures.  Attempted!  I handed off camera duties for a little while which means that no pics were taken for several hours!  Learned that I must man my own camera. 

Payne, Mum the cow, and I about 5 minutes after we woke up!  What was I thinking?

John and I around 7:30 am.  We miss him! 

Do I get turkey also? 

Don't bother me and my milk! 

There is Tim!  The kids didn't want to name him Tom!  He's gonna be tasty! 

We eventually clean up! 

The two cheeseballs! 

Not ready yet!  We know the table cloth doesn't go but it was my Grandma Grimms' and it gets used at Thanksgiving and Easter.  It means something to me.  The kids made everyone feathers or hats! 

Doesn't Daddy looked thrilled to be wearing his? 

I don't think these are indian feathers.  I think they are turkey feathers! 

Chief Princess Grandma wearing her Turkey Trot 2011 shirt.  She placed 1st in her age group! 

Pap rocking the hat! 

So a Pilgrim hat isn't my thing.  What does one have to do to get rid of a double chin?  I'm pretty sure there are no exercises for that! 

It was a long and fun day! 

No more pictures! 

We said "NO MORE!" 

Well after those two pictures you can see that the Brereton children will be seeing an orthodontist in their future.  Can you tell when I passed off the camera duties?  Who doesn't get pics of hat making, the turkey done, the table all ready, and everyone at the table?  What am I going to do with that camera man?  Didn't get to attend our Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning.  Hadley was up until 1 am coughing.  I didn't want to take her out.  We passed this year.  Grandma Grimm/Mom did run and placed first in her age group.  She doesn't know the time.  YEAH RIGHT!  That is what she keeps telling me. 

Black Friday does not bring bargain shopping for us.  Well, not really!  We headed out around 9:30 to get Hadley a haircut.  In the process, we did purchase a wreath for the front door, a purple Christmas tree for Hadleys' bedroom, and a huge dog bed for $20.00.  So, Dozer is happy as all get out.  He has laid on that thing almost all day.  I hope you all had a wonderful and spectacular Thanksgiving.  And if you went out today that you were able to collect some "bargains" and were safe.  No one got pepper sprayed did they? 










 


No comments:

Post a Comment