Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Must haves and more..........

Here we are officially the start of the holiday season!  Crazy is what that is!  Wasn't Thanksgiving 2010 just last month?  No, it just seems that way.  Those crazy Pilgrims and Indians, what were they thinking all the time ago?  Wonder if they had any idea what they were starting.  We all have family traditions and must haves.  Without them the Thanksgiving just isn't Thanksgiving.   

This is my THANKSGIVING MUST HAVE.......






That's right!  Thanksgiving isn't complete without CHEESECAKE.  Fabulous, wonderful, spectacular CHEESECAKE.  What a wonderful creation!  This is one item that I NEVER scrimp on.  I do not like boxes, mixes, store bought, or the pudding crap stuff.  I take my cheesecake seriously!  Only the best ingredients allowed here!  John was upset that I didn't make more of them.  I think one is sufficient, don't you? 

This year we added the kiddos new favorite dessert....................

 

Homemade Apple Pie!  Don't judge the crust....I'm getting better.  I can make a tasty crust but the "crimping" needs some work.  Remember, I just started making pies about 4 weeks ago.  What are your must haves? 

Even though I haven't been posting about it, trust me, Tony and I have not missed a morning date!  My day isn't complete without hearing his annoying voice.  I love him!  I feel the same way about Johns' voice on occasion.  JUST KIDDING!  I have slacked on the running a little.  My shoes are killing me so I broke out a "second" pair that has been hanging out in the closest.  I remember why I put them in the closest.  Tomorrow, we may be doing a Turkey Trot 5k.  That is a MAY do.  John has to work this evening and didn't get home until 7:30 am this morning.  And my son has been coughing pretty much all day.  With both kids, 8 am on-site registration, a 40 minute drive there, and possibly no husband I may have to forgo the race.  We could still get in a morning run.  

Wishing you and yours a wonderful and happy Thanksgiving! 



Day 8 - I'm thankful for my son, Payne.  All I ever wanted was a son...well 4 to be exact.  I love the young man more than anything in this world.  We fight, bicker, and pick at one another because we are so much alike.  He is a wonderful, sweet, smart, and caring young man.  Can't wait to see what the future brings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment