Saturday, November 26, 2011

Happy Saturday!

Happy Saturday!  It is Saturday and my eyes opened this morning.  That makes today a great and wonderful day.  The Thanksgiving decorations are down and the Christmas decorations are going up slowly.  I can't remember a Christmas that I've had decorations out already, let alone up! 

I have to stop and mention one Christmas item, our Elf on the Shelf, Ralphie.  He was purchased last year by Grandma Brereton.  She thought the kids would love him.  That couldn't be farther from the truth.  My children have an irrational fear of him.  There have been tears shed.  He arrived for this Christmas season today.  He is perched in my antique glass mailbox over our leather recliner.  It was about 3 pm before either of the kids would sit in the chair.  Hadley looked at me and said "Mom, I'm afraid he is going to bite me."  WHAT!  They each have Christmas trees in their rooms.  And were excited to get them.  Now they are worried that Ralphie may venture in.  There is no way I will let that happen.  I can hear the screams now if they wake up and he is in either room! 

With the holiday season HERE, I have to be truthful and admit that my running has taken a backseat.  I feel guilty!  I've continued my dates with Tony but no running.  So here and now, I MAKE THE PROMISE TO MYSELF THAT RUNNING STARTS AGAIN THIS WEEK!  Hopefully tomorrow!  I'm a person that thinks why wait until the New Year.  Resolutions, aka changes, can be made at anytime.  I've set myself some lofty goals for the end of 2011 and throughout 2012.  I'm probably not even aware of how much work I've got to put in.  Because of the goals I've adopted the personal motto of .....



Going as far as to order a wall cling made of it.  I'm going to place it in my exercise area.  One of my goals is to TRY and lose about 25 lbs.  I will be tracking my calories, food, etc. on mycaloriecounter.com at Everyday Health.  Don't get me wrong!  I'm pretty darn happy where I am at.  But I'm thinking "getting rid of"* some excess baggage would help out my running.  Hopefully my time.  And remember I have a pretty lofty goal for my 2012 marathon time.  I've been told numerous times that I don't eat enough.  IMAGINE THAT!  Who gets told that?!  So we'll see.

* I use the term " getting rid of" because when one says I lost something it usually implies they want it back.  At no point do I want to find any of the weight I've gotten rid of. 

I'm going to try hard to track but getting on the computer all the time does get a little old.  If your interested check out mycaloriecounter.com at Everyday Health.  You can join me.  I'm under LoveLaughSweatFuel.  They also have a free app for your phone.  Should be an interesting experiment!  And lords knows, if I put it out there I'll give it my best shot!      

No comments:

Post a Comment