Tuesday, November 15, 2011

"WHY THE FOOD?"

While sitting today writing out my shopping grocery list, I rubbed my head in thought.  Why do we have to think about whether the food being purchased is actually food?  Why is quality food so hard to find?  Why is the store filled with so few REAL foods?  What happened to the nutrition in food?  I could go on forever! 

Anytime I mention that my family eats naturally, organically, or as real as we can it seems to strike FEAR in those that I'm speaking with.  I know this from the eye rolls, tensing shoulders, forced smile, and the "OOHH, okay" said in a shaky voice.  Why?  We don't eat leaves, twigs, and salads all the time.  If you've seen any of us, trust me, not one of us is wasting away.  We eat almost just like everyone else. 


Do you eat this? 


Banana Bread......YUMMY! 


I just use slightly different ingredients:





Our FAVORITE Banana Bread .... gotta love The Fannie Farmer Cookbook.

Recipe.......3 ripe bananas (I use 4), 2 FRESH eggs, 2 cps. wheat flour, 3/4 cp organic sugar, sprinkle of salt, 1 tsp. baking soda, and 1/2 cup of nuts (optional).  Mix together, add to greased loaf pan, and bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.  Remove from pan to rack.  Serve warm or cold, what ever you like! 

You would think living in Ohio, where I can jump in the "family truckster" and find at least 20 farms within 1 hour, getting good quality real food would be easy.  NOT SO MUCH!  WHY THE FOOD will be an ongoing series.  Stay tuned to see what is next. 

Another great date with Tony today!  Plyometrics can be a "killer".  But the feeling afterwards is priceless.  Hit the treadmill for a few sprints 6 x 800 at 4:20 with 4 min in between. 


Day 5 - I'm thankful that my eyes opened this morning.  I realized some time ago that alone makes it a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment