Monday, November 28, 2011

Goodness ..........

My goodness, who would have thought that counting calories was such a big deal?  Not me!  A couple of days ago, I mentioned that I would be using mycaloriecounter.com.  That won't be happening.  After three days of trying to log my "food" .... I'M FRUSTRATED!  More than 1/2 of the brands that I consume are not in their database.  And apparently, in order to add them it must go through their systems administrator.  RUN AROUND!  So starting tomorrow, I will be using myfitnesspal.com.  Here is hoping that works better! 

With the craptastic wonderful weather today and the kids not having school, we dug out a few Christmas decorations.  Really, we don't have that many.  And I like it that way.  To my dismay they found the singing Reindeer.  I hate that thing.  John heard it twice and was ready to take the batteries out of it.  Only twice!!  PLEASE!  Try around twenty-five times and then we'll talk.  He glared at me and said "Let me guess where that thing came from.  That has to be a purchase by Grandma Brereton."  Good guess!  The kids like it.  So, for one month, it has found a home in the playroom.  Now the batteries are a different story.  They may not make it a month. 

The kids were in charge of dinner.  Paynes' choice .... drum roll please .... 15 bean soup.  That made Momma happy!  Threw in a ham hock for some flavor.  And let that pot simmer to perfection.  Hadley and I whipped up some beer bread.....trust me it isn't natural.  Good ole' box mix and a can of Busch Light.  Nothing natural about that.  Just a good ole' day with the kids!     



I'm thankful for the time I have with my kids.  My husband has given me over 8 years at home with them.  That is a reason to be thankful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment